Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Back from Holidays

I have just logged into this blog today and realized that I have not posted anything since June. This is the first time in two years I skip a month here. Not that it matters so much, but for someone who has been blogevangelizing for some time, this is not a good example to set :-) I have been considering other hosting options(Textpattern, Word Press) and have opened an account at Elgg.net. However, I am still undecided as I am also planning to redesignThe English Department and would like to have it all under the same address.

Although I was officially on holidays until last Sunday (here in Brazil we get a winter month in July) and supposed to rest, I have been buzzing, caught in a whirlwind as usual, doing some serious work while enjoying myself immensely.

On the very light side, I have discovered Flickr and photography and do not go anywhere without my little Nikon Coolpix. There is always a moment to record as I now belong to a million different interest groups, ranging from Nature in Circles to Property Numbers or Catchy Colours. What I enjoy is not only the pleasure of discovering life from a new angle but also the possibility to compare what you have found to a million other views and perspectives and engage in dialogue. Lots of fun and more than 420 pics of my trip along the northeast coast of Sao Paulo (Rio-Santos) and the countryside. I have involved my students in this craze as well and they seem to have taken to it.

In July, Aaron and I hosted the Blogstreams Salon Open House Event during the Tapped In Summer Festival (do our quiz to find out about the resources we have gathered). We are also thinking about presenting for the Webheads Online Convergence: Bridges Across Cyberspace next November.

In addition to Dekita, Aaron, Rudolf and I have collaborated on a media review (to be published in the September issue of the TESL-EJ Journal).

4 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger James said...

Hi Bee,

Welcome back!

One word (well, link)

http://edublogs.org

Could you also extend a personal invitation form yme to all the good people at webheads!

Cheers, James

 
At 3:00 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger Bee said...

Thanks James. Nice service. I will forward it. :-)

 
At 9:32 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger James said...

Oh, and feel free to do likewise to the TESL listservs... I used to be on them but am not any more.

Thanx, James

 
At 7:59 AM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Bee said...

I will try to drum up some traffic to your site. BTW, you could set up one for me, so I can try it out before I decide to change :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home